Just a short one today. There's been a lot of work for just a couple of pictures this week but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
This week is going to be a lot of tiding up the upstairs before tackling each room. Then stripping wallpaper, sanding, and painting!
Tuesday 19 March 2019
We're in Shellburn right now where mum is showing off her wares to a shop that might consign her jewelry.
Tomorrow it's back to finish installing the shower...
Tuesday 12 March 2019
With the shower base installed we moved on to tiling. It's taken us a full week of cleaning up the walls and floor ooooh and I did some more plumbing getting the shower taps ready. I still need to attach the lines to the bath lines but PEX pipes are super easy to work with and it'll take no time at all to detach the bath and intercept the existing lines (Which reminds me I forgot to label which is hot and which is cold at the other end... oops!).
Meanwhile we started with the backer board for behind the shower.
Mum cutting a circle into one of the tiles. She ended up breaking the side off but it was good practice.
You can see the grey lines coming out from the back of the tub. They aren't disconnected yet but it's bringing me much closer to a working shower; omg I can't wait! The tub is fine but god I miss having a shower.
There's the rounded cut to fit around the toilet. That's some pro tile work mum performed right there.
Tomorrow is grouting day... If either one of us can move tomorrow. It doesn't seem like that hard of a job but man alive both mum and I are stiff and sore!
Till next week...
Tuesday 5 March 2019
It seems like this week hasn't really been productive but, well, there's been a few things including shoveling snow! We had a dump of over a foot in one day followed by a few more inches the next night.
|Furgs is still there hangin out in the snow|
In other news been, slowly, working on the upstairs bathroom. Dug out the floor to find the plumbing. You can see the old broken copper lines. Having looked now I probably should have trashed the ceiling in the dining room below but the hole is there now....
Getting the drain to align with the new shower base drain hole was a bit of an adventure but, of course, I got there. so the drain is installed and I just need to re-fill the hole in the floor!
Meanwhile the really big exciting thing to happen this week was today's installation of a new hot water tank. I finally had to cave and buy a new one as the hot water started to come out a very rusty colour. We tried to drain the old one which helped for a while but it was obvious that the tank insides were rusting, badly. So today the new tank arrived... and I spent the whole day, draining and replacing the old tank with the new one. It took ages! I'm not really sure why but whatever. Oh but a rando thing I found when I removed the cold water intake line was a small bead. It looks like it must have fallen into the well and was slowly working its way through the water system until it got stuck.
Till next time, please, enjoy a newly installed closet door knob!